My addiction to desserts made with Chia seeds does not stop. But I do experiment with new versions, so not to get bored and to discover new combinations and flavors. I often prepare healthy desserts in which I can indulge when craving for something sweet. This dessert simply stole my heart! The banana-coconut-cardamon taste combination is a little heaven.
For 3 serves you will need:
- 5-6 tablespoons of chia seeds (try if you like your pudding thicker or more liquid. You can always adjust the amount of chia you use. Experiment according to your own preferences).
- 2 bananas
- 1 big cup/glass of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 big cup of forest fruits (during the winter, fruits like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries i buy frozen-usually I buy a mix of those)
- additional 2 tablespoons of chia to mix with the forest fruits
- 1-2 pinches of cardamon
- 2 spoons of sugar from coconut flowers (coconut sugar- I used it to sweeten the forest fruits, but you can use also honey or some natural sweetener like stevia)
- few leafs of fresh mint for decoration
Warm up a bit the milk. But don’t boil it. Add cardamon. I like the taste of it, so I add usually like 2 pinches of cardamon. Add 1 spoon of honey and blend the milk with bananas until smooth (if you think it is not sweet enough for you, add extra honey). Pour it into a bowl and soak the chia seeds in it. Mix several times every few minutes until the chia seeds start to absorb some milk and stop falling to the bottom of the bowl. Keep it in the fridge for few hours, until it become thick and in the form of pudding (actually it will be ready to eat already within 1 hour, but the proper pudding texture it will have after a few hours). In the meantime unfroze the forest fruits. Put them in the pot, add coconut sugar (or any other natural sweetener) and cook over the low heat for a few minutes (they will start juicing). Take it out from the fire and add 2 spoons of chia seeds- it will make it jelly. Leave it also to become more jelly, while waiting for the chia pudding to be ready. Take 3 glasses, fill them with chia pudding, top it with jelly forest fruits. For decoration use mint leaf. Et voilà!