It is so easy to make it and yet so delicious. I prepare it quite often as it is very nutritious and taste delicious. Millet can be prepared in so many different ways, this one is cooked with almond milk.
The best thing about millet are all the benefits of eating it:
- it is alkaline and it digests easily,
- acts as a pro-biotic feeding micro-flora in your inner ecosystem,
- with lots of fibre,
- with lots of vitamins and minerals: i.e. Magnesium, Niacin (vitamin B3)
- act as antioxidant
- gluten-free and non-allergenic.
I don’t think you need more encouragement to start to prepare it for your breakfast.
- 1/2 cup of millet
- 1 and 1/2 cup of almond milk (I start with 1 cup and if needed I add another 1/2 during cooking)
- strawberries (amount depends on your preferences)
Sometimes during cooking if I feel that millet needs to be more soft or I feel like cooking it more into pudding I just add more milk during cooking. Before cooking the millet, rinse it in the water, to avoid bitter taste. You should use a tight strainer and rinse it few times in a cold and warm water.You rinse it until the water coming through the millet is completely clear. The best is to finish it with rinsing with boiling water. In that way you will make sure that millet will loose all the bitterness. Cook the milk, add millet and cook slowly for about 15 min. under cover.
As a last stage I add also a bit of cinnamon and honey. I cut strawberries and use it on the top. It is ready to serve. Enjoy! Additionally, with this breakfast I served freshly pressed juice made out of carrots, beetroot, apple, orange, ginger and turmeric.