Millet it’s really multifunctional. Perfect for sweet breakfasts, puddings, sometimes I add it also to the cocktails. But it will also serve perfectly for any type of dish you wish to prepare with cooked or fresh veggies, as a base for a salad. The variety of use its big as your imagination. I was already writing about the benefits of eating millet but will repeat a few points:
- it is alkaline and it digests easily,
- acts as a pro-biotic feeding micro-flora in your inner ecosystem,
- with lots of fibre,
- with lots of vitamins and minerals: i.e. Magnesium, Niacin (vitamin B3)
- act as antioxidant
- gluten-free and non-allergenic.
Today I propose you very delicious version of millet pudding with natural cacao, served with banana-apple mouse. Delicious breakfast or afternoon desert. Choose your way!
- 1/2 cup of millet
- 1 and 1/2 cup of home made coconut milk or any other plant milk (almond, rice, etc.)
- 1/2 tbs of cinnamon
- 1 tbs of natural, dark & raw cacao
- 1 tbs of honey
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- fresh mint leafs for decoration( I eat them ;)
Before cooking the millet, rinse it in the water, to avoid bitter taste. You should use a tight strainer and rinse it few times in a cold and warm water.You rinse it until the water coming through the millet is completely clear. The best is to finish it with rinsing with boiling water. In that way you will make sure that millet will loose all the bitterness. Cook the milk, add millet and cook slowly for about 15 min. under cover.
As a last stage I add cinnamon, honey and cacao. Mix it with a spoon (I didn’t blend it). Blend banana and apple together. To serve it I use a glass jar, so additionally to the taste, you can also have some pleasure for your eyes. First layer is with millet and on the top banana-apple mouse. Plus some fresh mint leafs. It is ready to serve. Enjoy!